We're on the search for experienced Account Executives who thrive in an environment that is creative, friendly, fun, and fuelled by high growth as an early stage start up.
In this role, you will be one of the first AEs at StoryTap. This is the best opportunity to make an impact -- & to take best practices of what you’ve seen in the past and place them into areas where you see fit. You’ll have phenomenal autonomy in this role and we’ll be looking to you to make some key decisions. This role will help guide us through our seed round and help us achieve our targets to move forward with a successful Series A. You'll report directly into Bernadette Butler, our CEO & Co-Founder.
Quick Facts About Us:Founded: 2014
Locations: Vancouver, BC, Toronto, ON — We all work remotely, but have access to a hub space if we need it!
Funding: $2.3M Seed Round in May 2021
Team: You’ll have they support of a BDR team + Leader, a “Smarketer” (Sales Marketer), and you’ll be working alongside another AE, hired at approximately the same time as you so you will have both a sounding board and friend to work through targets.
Understanding the Business/Press: https://jellymarketing.ca/blog/bernadette-butler-story-tap/
Noteworthy: Female CEO & Co-Founder, 2021 Best Place To Work Certified, 3 weeks of vacation + 2 weeks off during the winter holidays to start, benefit plans, amazing culture + motivated people!
Tech Stack: Hubspot, ZoomInfo, Linkedin Sales Navigator
As our Account Executive, you will:
- Engage in sales conversations with enterprise level marketing teams (think CMOs, VP Marketing, Director of Marketing, etc.!) to fill in their needs for story-led video automation
- Drive growth and revenue by prospecting new leads, identifying the needs of those organizations, navigating conversations with executives, and negotiating them through to close
- Build out multi-year proposals, and negotiating future growth opportunities and aid in renewal process
- Partner with CEO, Sales, and Marketing teams to set strategic priorities & plan for execution
- Actively engage in opportunities to increase our current customer’s satisfaction to grow existing business into other markets and verticals.
- Provide exceptional service to ongoing relationship touch-points and always ensure your closed customers are happy, looking for growth opportunities and introductions.
- Communicate customer feedback to the Marketing & Product teams to drive continuous improvement initiatives
Here's what you'll need:
- 5+ years of SaaS selling and closing experience of enterprise organizations specific to marketing and digital brand or eCommerce departments
- Proven success with large transactions within a competitive environment selling marketing or related Saas products in a high growth environment
- Proven experience in customer-obsession and driving great experiences within Sales
- An excellent presenter with the ability to influence others
- Exceptional communication & negotiation tactics, and expert storytelling skills
- A growth mindset & the drive to not only meet, but exceed goals with the ability to solve traditional problems with creative solutions
- Have strong negotiation skills including a healthy mix of critical thinking and creative problem solving
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
Here's what to expect in the interview process:If you apply to this role and are selected to interview, here's what you can expect:
Introduction: An initial interview with Jasmine, our People & Culture Lead
Round 1: An interview with Bernadette Butler, Co-Founder & CEO.
Round 2: A quick assignment, to be presented to our two Co-Founders and an Account Executive (or two!)
Round 3: Sit in on a demo with Matt Sinuita, our "Smarketer" to get to know our product a bit better
Ready to help contribute to the world of authentic video storytelling? Send in your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org & we'll be in touch.
We bring trust to marketing, so trust needs to start with us.
We have a bold vision for our future and want to share it.
We are resourceful go-getters that find solutions, not excuses.
We take time to celebrate our successes, big and small, as a team.
We believe that we can all make a positive difference in our world.
We support our people so they can bring their whole selves to work, without sacrifice.