In this role, you’ll be in charge of our brand voice. You’ll own it, speak it, breathe it, you name it. You’re an exceptional communicator and writer and have an amazing understanding of our marketing funnel. You’ll be paving the way as one of the earlier team members on the Marketing team here at StoryTap. This is the best opportunity to make an impact — & to take best practices of what you’ve seen in the past and place them into areas where you see fit. You’ll have autonomy in your role & you’ll be responsible for driving execution to make sure our campaigns and strategies are meeting targets.
Quick Facts About Us:
Locations: Vancouver, BC, Toronto, ON — We all work remotely, but have access to a hub space if we need it!
Funding: $2.3M Seed Round in May 2021
Team: You’ll be in great company with a supportive Content Marketing Manager, as well as a Marketing Ops Coordinator and a Graphic Designer
Understanding the Business/Press: https://jellymarketing.ca/blog/bernadette-butler-story-tap/
Noteworthy: Female CEO & Co-Founder, 2021 Best Place To Work Certified, 3 weeks of vacation + 2 weeks off during the winter holidays to start, benefit plans, amazing culture + motivated people!
Tech Stack: Hubspot, ZoomInfo, Linkedin Sales Navigator
What you’ll do:
- Own all content deliverables and engage our customers through social media, blog posts, whitepapers, case studies, etc. to generate leads
- Champion SEO optimization for all content produced
- Explore captivating messaging for a wide range of target audiences, capturing people at each part of their buyer’s journey
- Champion StoryTap’s brand voice and continuously challenge yourself to elevate it
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure deliverables for demos, pitches, customers, etc. are both up-to-date and effective
- Ensure a cohesive narrative across multiple channels with the brand voice
- Write effective short and long form pieces that convert
- Keep a close eye on MQLs, rankings, and traffic while adjusting as needed
- Be our go-to social media expert & write for our posts
- Craft engaging headline copy, optimized for SEO
- Establish content management strategies for new features and updates
- Work with the latest SEO tools to create optimized content
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 5+ years’ of experience of writing content for the tech industry – anything from blog posts, white papers, to social media – bonus points for previous experience writing for SaaS or B2B tech companies
- Previous success in executing on content strategy and writing excellent copy that converts
- Superior knowledge of social channels that are relevant to StoryTap’s success
- Exceptional writing (in both long and short form), with attention to detail and a passion for catching errors.
- Previous experience working with WordPress as an asset
- Proven experience of implementing and rolling with SEO best practices.
- Ability to analyze data to derive performance metrics
- Resilience & flexibility in working with deadlines and requests
We bring trust to marketing, so trust needs to start with us.
We have a bold vision for our future and want to share it.
We are resourceful go-getters that find solutions, not excuses.
We take time to celebrate our successes, big and small, as a team.
We believe that we can all make a positive difference in our world.
We support our people so they can bring their whole selves to work, without sacrifice.