Company Background:StoryTap is first to market with patent-pending video software that is humanizing Enterprise-size brands with authentic video experiences from their customers and staff, on a global scale. StoryTap licenses our video technology to Enterprise brands to both collect and powerfully distribute real customer video stories, globally and in different languages. StoryTap is both a Techstars and a Lazaridis Scale-Up company, recognized with many awards.
What we’re looking for?
We’re looking for a passionate marketer who wants to work and contribute on the forefront of marketing technology and innovation. Someone who is comfortable being the expert with other marketers on a very specific topic (paid training included). We’re looking for someone who has worked with big brands (b2b or b2c) who understands and has experience in digital marketing. Ideally, this person has experience on both agency and client-side and is comfortable speaking with other senior marketing positions, offering their POV and navigating zoom-call meetings with grace, confidence and empathy.
Now, here is the flip! Ideally, this candidate has never liked or never thought of a career in sales! We are not looking for a “salesperson”, we’re looking for a marketer to speak to other marketers about StoryTap. The position available will be highly rewarding and will leverage your marketing experience and skill to the fullest in a business development role.
Specifically, StoryTap is seeking a high-energy, creative and experienced digital marketer with great presentation skills, who is open to applying their industry experience and skills to help grow StoryTap. This person would work in a team environment, meeting with other marketers GLOBALLY at larger enterprise companies on video calls, to share and demonstrate how Storytap’s robust and amazing technology would benefit their specific brand needs, ultimately to wow and impress other marketers; ie your peers. Within this business development role, your priority is growth. You will work with the lead gen team to help nurture large enterprise clients, helping them understand StoryTap, offering supporting documents to help them become internal ambassadors at their organizations.
This person will actively work on the full sales cycle, from introduction meetings to demonstrations, and support follow-up communications to ensure strategy is always on point. They will craft proposals and present them, and to even assist onboarding new customers from a strategic perspective, working with our customer success team to ensure a fantastic handoff. The skills you learned in marketing from your creative eye, to project management, to strategy discussions will be put to good use. This person will also maintain relationships with our customers and help seek out new opportunities to help our customers win!
What do you get at StoryTap?When you join our team, you will have the rare chance to help shape the company’s direction while accelerating your career growth. Your offered input to output will be strong. You’ll be in a high-performance environment. You get the flexibility and openness of a startup backed by the solid foundation of a profitable and robust B2B SaaS marketing product. We welcome your innovative ideas and encourage transparency at all levels, and we make sure to kick back and enjoy ourselves in the process.
Your role:Demonstrate Product & Building Relationships as Partnerships:
- Researching brands, marketing campaigns, roles and responsibilities
- Be comfortable running a meeting, and being strategic
- Demonstrating (backwards and forwards) StoryTap’s technology, pending on the customer’s marketing needs and walk-through StoryTap proposal details in a collaborative way that is transparent
- You will have great writing skills (emails, and proposal writing)
- You like working with the balanced art of tenacity, persistence, education and respect
- Working with Customer Success to help new customers onboard seamlessly, and support Customer Success with launch, and maintain relationships to continue to grow existing accounts
- Cold to warm relationship building to foster partnership-type relationships
- You’re not a jerk. People like working with you and if asked would 100% recommend your awesomeness to StoryTap!
- Achieve targets and work collaboratively with the lead generation team
- Flexible in personality to shift focus, with company changes on an as-needed basis
- Light negotiation skills a bonus
- Lead gen, actively supporting the lead gen team to assist with reach out, and nurturing to secure demos ie bringing any ideas you have to the table and watch them come to life!
- Comfortable communicating with CMOs, VPs, Directors etc
- Knowing when to involve our CEO on big calls with big titles
- Establish and maintain positive business relationships
- Solution-oriented, a natural problem solver
- Be a great communicator both orally, visually and in written form
- Be a great listener
- Great emotional intelligence
- Comfortable working with numbers re: pricing options
- Comfortable asking questions
What you bring to the table:
- Min 10 years experience in digital marketing with experience on both client and agency side
- Great communication skills
- Proficient in PowerPoint and Excel
- Use of slack, CRM tools like Hubspot or Salesforce, and Asana or Trello, just a bonus not a must
- Strong communication skills for video and phone meetings, organization, and time management skills
- Fluent in English
- Self-motivated and a team player
- Familiarity with workback schedules and project management practices
- A LOVE OF WINNING!
A few more details:
- Start Date: ASAP
- Type: Full-time
- Salary: Competitive base + commission
- Hours: 9am - 5:00 M-F EST or PST
- Travel: Up to 10% (at some point)
- Work Location: Remote
What we believe in
Our core values are the fundamental beliefs and guiding principles that drive everything we do.
We bring trust to marketing, so trust needs to start with us.
We have a bold vision for our future and want to share it.
We are resourceful go-getters that find solutions, not excuses.
We take time to celebrate our successes, big and small, as a team.
We believe that we can all make a positive difference in our world.
We support our people so they can bring their whole selves to work, without sacrifice.